Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Leek & Chicken Soup
2 chicken fillets
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon butter
2 medium leeks, finely sliced
1 carrot, diced
1 medium potato, diced
8 cups chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup corn kernels
2 tablespoon parsley (optional)
crusty bread to serve
1. Cut chicken into very small pieces and toss in a bowl with soy sauce.
2. Heat butter in a non stick fry pan and stir fry leeks for 2 minutes. Add carrot and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add potato and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
4. Blend half the soup to a puree and return the pureed soup to the pan.
5. Add corn kernels and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add chicken pieces to hot soup and leave on gentle heat for 5 minutes without boiling it. Stir in parsley and serve.
Note: I find using a bamix in the pot to blend it, rather than remove portions in batches to puree, much easier.