Thursday, December 20, 2007

gah... before christmas

Well, the weekend started off good. Until it got to Saturday evening, when a visit to the hospital was necessary (after discovering my urine had turned to a nice port colour). After a series of tests and lots of waiting, was finally allowed to go home on Sunday afternoon.

By Monday afternoon, I had excruciating pain in my back, lower right side. Another trip to the hospital, waiting, waiting, waiting. This time I was put on a saline drip and given antibiotics (by drip). I should have been put on antibiotics on Sunday, but the symptoms of a urinary tract infection or possibly kidney stones (which the ultrasound didn't show) hadn't shown up properly (so I was deemed a-symptomatic) .

By Monday evening, the results were back and the diagnosis given (as above). I finally got to go home on Tuesday early afternoon. Thankfully, was given the rest of the week off work (in what would have been my last week of work before Christmas) to recuperate.

So now I am back to a relatively normal state, as normal as a 7-month swelled belly can account for.

1 comment:

Celeste Liddle said...

God, I hope you're doing okay now. Scary stuff.